16 April, 2017

Ezekiel 36—“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you …”


Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God (Ezek. 36:25-28 KJV).


COMMON GRACE ARGUMENT:
This text is sometimes interpreted to teach that grace, salvation and the Holy Spirit are promised generally under the gospel.



(I)

Rev. Martyn McGeown

[Source: Protestant Reformed Theological Journal, vol. 41, no. 1 (Nov. 2007), p. 73.]

If [this text is interpreted to mean] that God promises every unregenerate person regenerating grace we stand amazed, since the promises in the prophets are particular and certain. God promises to give His people, and them only, a new heart.


---------------------------------------

(II)


More to come! (DV)




No comments:

Post a Comment